Given the priorities of the organization in 6 of the Sustainable Development Goals, from the Marketing area, we delved into SDG 8, Target 8.8, which addresses the issue of protecting labor rights, promoting a safe and secure work environment for staff, focusing on the rural area. The objectives of this program are:
- To learn about the risk factors that occur in rural areas.
- To raise awareness of this issue, which is invisible to many.
- To collaborate in the improvement of quality protocols, to carry out BPA and PM that take into account the 4 key requirements for sustainable crop nutrition (dose, source, timing and form).
To promoting this type of programs collaborates in the visibility of this problem, providing a greater welfare of all the agro-industrial sector personnel.
Since its inception, and with an environmental and sustainable approach, we have been promoting the use of Best Management Practices (BMP) for nutrition, known as the 4 Requirements or 4R (dose, source, form and correct timing of application). In this sense, we work together with research institutions and producers’ associations to generate knowledge and transfer the best approaches on Sustainable Crop Nutrition Strategies. Among them, we highlight the collaborative work with INTA, Fertilizar, Maizar, Argentrigo, CIAFA, AAPRESID, AACREA, Bolsa de Cereales de Bs As., AIANBA, Universidad del Sur (Department of Agronoy)), FAUBA (Department of Agronomy of the UBA) and the Asociación Argentina de Ciencias del Suelo (AACS).
In 2021, we participated in different own and third party events in virtual form. We can mention;
- Congreso Maizar 2021. Workshop “eNeTOTAL Plus in Maize Environment efficiency and care”.
- Congress A Todo Trigo 2021 Workshop “Mayor EUN y Cuidado del medioambiente en Trigo”. (More EUN and environmental care in wheat).
- Congress AAPRESID 2021. Workshop “Los fertilizantes Nitrogenados como aliados para el Balance de C”.(Nitrogen fertilizers as allies for C balance).
- Participation in the AAPRESID Agenda talk.
- Participation in the Argentine Carbon Neutral Program (PACN) of the Argentine Grain Exchange in the wheat and corn roundtables.
Through our testing network, we evaluate new products and provide the necessary tools for proper soil management and health care. Likewise, along the years, we developed different activities and programs, aimed at transferring knowledge and to strengthen our relationship with agronomy technical advisors and end customers (agricultural producers).
In 2021 we began with a new challenge: the generation of local data for measuring greenhouse gases (GHG) in situ, with field tests and measurements with cameras that capture nitrous oxides and ammonia. The objective is to evaluate the emissions from different nitrogen sources and in different doses, on the intensity of ammonia and nitrous oxide (NH3 and N2O) emissions in the corn crop in the core zone of Argentina. Obtaining these data will allow us to have local emission factors for nitrogen fertilizers in real field situations and, thus, generate more realistic greenhouse gas inventories for our country.